Not many Nigerians are familiar with the category of mattresses called air bed.
Air beds are inflatable mattresses designed to be filled with air, gas, or substances of this likeliness.
They are made of polyvinyl chloride to offer maximum comfort when you lay on it.
Air beds are designed mostly for recreational purposes and are best used outdoors. This is due to the structure and design, which work best when exposed to a more ventilated atmosphere.
They are also a great companion in camping, hunting games, leisure time at the beaches, and so on.
The most outstanding feature that differs this mattress from other kinds of mattresses remains its portability due to its lineament to be inflated and deflated.
Air beds are usually easy to maintain, although, they are a very delicate kind of mattress that must be treated with absolute care.
Features of an Air Bed
- It deflates over time after a long usage
- Weighs lighter than latex foams
- It is designed with valve support to allow air inflation and deflation
- More comfortable than other mattress categories
- It can easily be inflated or folded to another shape
- It sometimes comes with a pump on purchase
- Made of Intex corporeal
- It can be easily rendered ineffective
Factors to Consider Before Buying an Air Bed
Maintenance: Air beds, unlike other mattresses, are exquisitely fine and pleasing but susceptible to tear. Your maintenance culture should be one of the key determinant factors before going for it.
Purpose: On what occasion do you require an air bed? Note that air beds although suitable for all manner of usage, are designed for specific functions.
Quality and Pricing: The grade of excellence in a thing matters if you want the best out of it. In this case, if you want the best, then going for air beds of high quality is the answer. The pricing grade will for sure not be the same between a lower and a standard air bed. Therefore, reconsidering your budget will apply greatly as one of your focus factors before going for an air bed.
Air Bed Prices in Nigeria
Below are the prices of various types of air beds in Nigeria.
- Inflatable Airbed with Pump ₦9,500 to ₦13,000
- Intex Comfort plus Elevated Dura-Beam Air Bed ₦29,000 to ₦36,000
- Inflatable Mattress Air Bed with Pump ₦7,000 to ₦11,000
- Intex Inflatable Air Bed ₦9,000 to ₦12,000
- Twin Size Classic Downy Inflatable ₦9,000 to ₦14,000
- Pillow Rest Air Mattress ₦11,000 to ₦17,000
- Single Size Classic Downy Air Bed ₦7,500
- Air Bed Chair Double Pull-Out Sofa ₦26,000 to ₦31,500
- Classic Queen Sized Inflatable Air Bed ₦11,000
- Twin Sized Classic Downy Inflatable ₦9,000
- Queen Intex Premaire Dream Support ₦48,000 to ₦52,700
- Inflatable King Size Air Bed ₦20,000
- Intex Mini Air Bed ₦6,000 to ₦9,000
- Headboard Air Bed ₦80,500 to ₦90,000
- Queen Size Supreme Air-Flow Air Bed ₦19,000
- Wide Double Queen Size Air Bed ₦13,000 to ₦17,000
- Single Airlock Air Bed ₦10,000
- Trespass Air Bed ₦25,000 to ₦30,000
- Cozy Kids Inflatable Air Bed ₦16,000 to ₦24,000
- Bestway Comfort Quest Elevated Electric Airbed ₦26,500 to ₦30,000
- Mattress Price List in Nigeria
- Unifoam Mattress Price in Nigeria
- Vitafoam Mattress Prices in Nigeria
- Best Orthopedic Mattress Price in Nigeria
- Price of Waterbed in Nigeria
- Mouka Foam Mattress Price List in Nigeria
Factors Affecting the Prices of Air Beds in Nigeria
In terms of availability, air beds are easy to come by in Nigeria. The pricing standard of air bed differs just like other kinds of mattresses.
An air bed could be of the same size as a corona mattress but the price will differ. Somehow, the sizes of air beds can only determine their prices only when they are of the same design.
This is to say that air bed mattresses could be of the same size but of differing prices because of the material, architecture and other faculties used in manufacturing them.
The prices of air beds could be factored by location, size, general-purpose, quality of the material used and lot more. In Nigeria, there are pricing standards set for this product, which helps to check and regulate the prices throughout the country.
One may wonder whether the prices allotted to this category of mattresses in Nigeria is alright.
With sincerity, the prices are considerably good. Sometimes, the prices could change from its actual price to a higher price and this could likely be a result of inflation.
Other determinants for the increase in the cost could be the marketing policies implemented in the business sector.
Pros and Cons of Air Bed Mattresses
One sure thing that can never be taken away from the air bed mattresses is the level of comfort they offer. They are well known to offer a maximum level of comfort just like orthopedic mattresses, which are also good for the body. They are relatively soft and very easy to clean.
On the cons, there is nothing really unconventional about them on the grounds that they are being produced for special purposes.
But for the sake of information, below are some of the things you need to know and consider before going for it.
- Poor quality air beds mattresses can be itchy
- Most air bed mattresses are not designed to last longer like other mattresses
- They require intensive care. If you plan on buying this for a child, be sure to show him/her how to handle it with care
- The air pumped in is temporary and thus, requires refilling
- The nature of an air bed is quite unfriendly with sharp or knifelike objects
Where to Buy Air Bed Mattresses in Nigeria
Nigeria is a country filled with lovers of comfort and as such, air beds are made available nationwide. Every authorized mattress dealer store has them in stock. They can also be purchased online using any of the online on e-commerce stores and online marketplaces.
Compare Mattress Prices