Ghana is like a sister country to Nigeria. A lot of Nigerians travel to Ghana on a daily basis.
In fact, many Nigerian businessmen go there on a weekly or monthly basis and get there within a short period of time because they travel by air.
This article covers everything you need to know about travelling to Ghana from Lagos and that includes the cost of the flight, time of flight, price of return tickets and price of one-way tickets. It also talks about some amazing places to visit while you are in Ghana.
Once upon a time, booking flight tickets could be described as “one hell of a task”, but ever since the advent of technology and the internet, it has become an easy thing to do.
All you need to do is get your computer or smartphone, log in to the website of whichever airline you want to take and book your flight. It has become that easy.
After a successful booking and payment have been confirmed, you will receive all the important details about your flight including seat number and take-off time.
Ghana is a beautiful place to be. Sometimes ago, there was a heated argument online about who’s jollof rice is better between Nigeria and Ghana’s; this resulted in some people visiting Ghana just to find out. Those who came back told stories about how cool the place was. Some said it was not any different from Nigeria except for the stable power supply (obviously).
Well, Ghana is a place to see and visiting Ghana has become easier than you may think. With the right guide and information, you can get to Ghana in no time.
Now let’s move into the main topic.
Cost of Flight from Lagos to Ghana
Like I mentioned earlier, booking a flight ticket from Lagos to Ghana has become easier than it was before.
Today, you can book a ticket from the comfort of your home. Before you book your flight, you need to go through various price tickets and the airlines. There are various airlines today that can get you from Lagos to Ghana, and you need to know which is the best and most conducive for you.
Sometimes, these airlines change prices but I’m not going to deviate from the estimated price range. The price of the flight depends on the time of flight, weather condition, and the airline you will be taking.
Early flights are cheaper, so it is better to fly early before 7 AM. This is why you see most people rushing to get the morning flight. It is better to travel before 7 AM because it is cheaper and it gives you the opportunity to rest for extra hours before you finally get to see the country or state which you travelled to.
Something you should also know is that the price of a flight from Lagos to Ghana is not always the same as the price of a flight from Ghana to Lagos. Many people make the mistake of thinking they are the same, but they are not. It is important that you check both prices before booking your ticket to avoid any complications.
How Much is Flight Ticket from Lagos to Ghana in Naira?
Below is the list of flight prices from Lagos Nigeria to Accra Ghana in Naira. First, I’ll begin with the cost of a one-way ticket from Lagos to Ghana.
Cost of One Way Ticket from Lagos to Ghana
- Africa World Airlines: The price of economy ticket costs N45,000 to N50,000
- Arik Air: The price of economy ticket costs N40,000 to N45,000
- Air Peace: The price of economy ticket costs N40,000 to N50,000
- Hahn Airlines: The price of economy ticket costs N55,000 to N65,000
- ASKY Airlines: The price of economy ticket costs N45,000 to N55,000
Please note that the prices of each of these airlines may change at any time and this is only an estimated range of the current prices.
Cost of Return Ticket from Lagos to Ghana
- ASKY Airline: Economy flight ticket costs between N85,000 to N100,000
- Africa World Airlines: Economic flight ticket costs N90,000 to N120,000
- Arik Air: Economy flight ticket costs N85,000 to N95,000
- Air Peace: Economy flight ticket costs N80,000 to N95,000
- Hahn Air System: Economy flight ticket costs N120,000 to N140,000
- Ethiopian Air: Economy flight ticket costs N130,000 to N160,000
Please note that prices of each of these airlines may change at any time and this is only an estimated range of what the price will look like.
How Many Hours From Lagos to Ghana by Flight?
The time of flight varies, depending on the airline. But the estimated time of flight from Lagos to Ghana is between 75 to 90 minutes. Some airlines may get there in lesser or more time but that is the average time.
Since both are in the Western part of Africa, it will not take so long, but weather condition may also affect the time of flight.
While you are in Ghana, there are some places you might love to visit. Africa is filled with culture and tourist centres and Ghana is not an exemption. Below are cool places to visit in Ghana.
- Labadi Beach: If you have been hearing of Ghana, you must have heard about this beach. This is the most popular beach in Ghana due to the never-ending fun people have on the beach.
- Kakun National Park: Is there any country in Africa without wildlife? I don’t think so. This park is another destination to visit while in the country.
- Artist Alliance Gallery: This gallery is a beautiful view to behold. If you love art, then this is a must-visit for you.
- National Museum of Ghana: There are so many ancient artefacts in Ghana’s national museum. You can learn the history of certain important things in Ghana from this museum alone.
There you have it; everything you need to know about travelling to Ghana from Lagos including the cost of the flight, time of flight and places to visit in the country.