Industrial weaving machines are essential pieces of equipment that add finishing touches to fabrics.
While sewing machines do the major work of piecing the fabric together to form the desired shape, weaving machines smoothen the edges and cut out outgrown fabrics thereby leaving a refined finishing.
This makes weaving machines very essential to tailors and dressmakers who want to always present the best finishes to their customers.
While there are manual weaving machines, it is more convenient to consider industrial weaving machines as they greatly differ from ones in terms of efficiency and effectiveness.
They also have a good number of features you wouldn’t find in ordinary weaving machines.
Advantages of Industrial Weaving Machines
It’s a fact that the industrial variants have a considerable number of advantages over the ordinary variants. These advantages include the following.
- They are able to accommodate a wide range of fabric compared to ordinary weaving machines that work with only a small range of fabric at a time
- They are able to operate at a faster speed
- They are easier to operate and require less manual input
- They have features which can provide a lot of decorative serge
There are many more advantages to consider and several more reasons why tailors and dressmakers should pick industrial versions over the non-industrial ones.
One of the main factors that determine the choice of a tailor or dressmaker is the budget.
Although it is quite important to pick the best weaving machine that will leave the best finishing touches on the material, it is also important to purchase one within your budget. You should do this with the running and maintenance costs in mind.
Costs of Industrial Weaving Machines in Nigeria
There are several factors that determine the prices of weaving machines whether industrial or non-industrial. These factors include the functions and features of the machine, its use, and so on.
While settling for an industrial weaving machine would be pricey, it is recommended you consider them first. However, if your budget is tight or you’re unable to afford a new one, you would have to opt for fairly used ones that are still efficient and effective. Remember to always consider the running and maintenance costs to ensure you are not going overboard.
How Much is Brand New Industrial Weaving Machines in Nigeria?
Below, you’ll find the prices of new industrial weaving machines in Nigeria. These machines are mostly produced in China, and I will list only the popular ones you can find in Nigerian market.
It is important to consider the popular ones first as it is easier to get the spare parts and a professional to repair and check the machine when the time for maintenance comes.
- Emel Industrial Weaving and Sewing Machine — N160,000 – N170,000
- Emel Industrial Overlock Weaving Machine — N1,100,000 – N1,450,000
- Emel3-thread Industrial Overlocking Weaving Machine — N110,000 – N120,000
- Merrylock Overlock & Cover Stitch Machine — N150,000 – N160,000
- Brother Overlocker Machine —- N110,000 – N120,000
- Generic Overlock Weaving Industrial Machine — N25,000 – N38,000
- Butterfly Overlock Industrial Weaving and Sewing Machine –– N25,000 – N30,000
- SUMO Overlock Industrial Weaving and Sewing Machine — N27,000 – N30,000
- SUMO 3-thread industrial Weaving Machine — N100,000 – N110,000
- SUMO 4-thread Industrial Overlock Weaving Machine — N110,000 – N120,000
- Two Lion Overlock Industrial Weaving and Sewing Machine — N25,000 – N30,000
- Industrial Weaving BabyLock Machine — N85,000 – N90,000
Where to Buy Brand New Industrial Weaving Machines in Nigeria
You can get new industrial weaving machines from dealers/suppliers of weaving machines in Nigeria. Simply walk into any cloth market especially popular and large clothing markets. You can also get one from online shopping sites like Jumia and Konga.
Things to Consider Before Buying a New Industrial Weaving Machine
Features: The features of the industrial weaving machine should go in line with the type of tailoring service you offer. For example, if you sew high-quality wears (for occasions like weddings) or corporate wears, you would want to purchase an overlock weaving machine that leaves only high-quality finishes. However, weaving machines with these features tend to be pricey.
Popularity: Popular brands tend to be the best option because they are more durable and their spare parts are easily accessible. There are several popular brands to consider like EMEL, SUMO, and Butterfly.
Power Supply: The main advantage of ordinary weaving machines over industrial weaving machines is that they do not require electricity to power them. This is why you should only go for an industrial weaving machine if you are fully prepared to handle the running costs.
Fairly Used Industrial Weaving Machines Prices in Nigeria
- Singer Industrial Weaving Machine — N78,000 – N82,000
- Butterfly Interlock Weaving Machine — N11,000 – N16,000
- SUMO Overlock Weaving Machine — N11,000 – N16,000
- Gemini Overlock Weaving Machine — N15,000 – N20,000
- SUMO 3-thread Industrial Overlock Weaving Machine — N54,000 – N58,000
- Two Lion Weaving Machine — N54,000 – N58,000
- Brother Industrial Overlock Weaving Machine — N60,000 – N65,000
Where to Buy Fairly Used Industrial Weaving Machines in Nigeria
Fairly used industrial weaving machines are mostly sold on classified ads sites like Jiji and Olx. However, you might be able to get these machines offline in popular cloth markets in Nigeria.
Things To Consider Before Buying a Fairly Used Industrial Weaving Machine
While fairly used machines are the budget-wise option to consider when opting for the industrial machine, they tend to cause a lot of problems and require more maintenance to operate efficiently and effectively. They also have reduced efficiency and reduced durability which is why they should be the last option.
Here are some of the things to have in mind.
Duration of Use: This refers to how long the machine has been used by the previous owner(s) before being put up for sale. A machine that has been used for a longer period of time before you purchase it will definitely not last long enough.
Overall Condition: This refers to how well the weaving machine is able to operate. Is the machine able to weave clothes effectively? It is best to take with you someone who is conversant with the system to thoroughly check the machine before finalizing the purchase.