The best way to figure out what kind of laptop you need is by considering how you’ll be using it and what you’ll be using it for.
A laptop with a larger screen may be a plausible option for multimedia or graphics professional, but a smaller one is still the most viable for frequent travellers.
We don’t all need the same qualities in a laptop. To a great extent, the type of program you want to run determines the direction of your requirements.
If you’d be doing mostly powerpoint presentations and maybe watch a few movies, going for a thousand dollar HP spectre may be a little bit of overkill, especially if you’re on a tight budget.
Sure, mini laptops measuring about 11 to 14 inches may be a little less exciting for watching movies, but the graphics processor of most mini laptops are powerful enough to decode any 1080p video. You’ll also get most jobs done efficiently regardless of the size restrictions.
Cost of Mini Laptops in Nigeria
If you figure out exactly what you most need in a laptop, you’d find out you can get a mini laptop that does the job and at a cheaper price range.
You may spend less than 150,000 Naira to get a pretty efficient and robust mini laptop that runs most applications you’ll need almost flawlessly.
To cater for individual preferences, most global laptop brands introduce mini versions of their entry-level and flagship products. I’ve prepared a list of some popular mini laptops (Netbooks) in Nigeria and their prices.
- Lenovo Thinkpad X120 Mini Laptop – ₦80,000 – ₦88,000
- Acer Travelmate 11.6″ Mini Laptop – ₦92,000 – ₦122,000
- Lenovo 110s-11ibr 11.6″ Mini Laptop – ₦93,270 – ₦110,000
- Acer Aspire 11.6″ Mini Laptop – ₦98,000 – ₦115,000
- Lenovo Thinkpad X120 12″ Mini Laptop – ₦73,500 – ₦85,000
- Dell Inspiron 11 3000 Mini Laptop– ₦150,000 – ₦160,000
- Hp Pavilion X360 13-U157cl 13.3″ Mini Laptop – ₦320,000 – ₦350,000
- Hp 250 G5 Mini Laptop – ₦144,000 – ₦152,000
- i-Life Zed Mini 10.1” Mini Laptop – ₦70,000 – ₦80,000
- Acer Aspire Es1 11.6″ Mini Laptop – ₦98,000 – ₦105,000
- Hp 15 Mini Laptop – ₦185,000 – ₦192,000
- i-Life Zed Air Pro Mini Laptop- ₦74,000 – ₦79,000
- Lenovo Ideapad 310s-14ikb 14 Inches Mini Laptop – ₦339,000 – ₦350,000
- Asus Transformer Book 10.1″ (Touchscreen) Mini Laptop – ₦126,000 – ₦140,000
- Hp Envy 13 Mini Laptop – ₦487,000 – ₦550,000
- Injoo Leapbook A100 Mini Laptop – ₦68,000 – ₦88,000
- Acer Aspire 11 Mini Laptop- ₦94,500 – ₦97,000 – ₦103,000
- Lenovo Ideapad 100s-11iby Mini Laptop – ₦96,000 – ₦100,000
- Hp Stream 11 11.6 Inches Mini Laptop – ₦105,000 – ₦120,000
- Asus Transformer Book 10.1 Inches Mini Laptop – ₦138,000 – ₦168,000
- Hp Pavilion 11 X360 Mini Laptop – ₦220,000 – ₦230,000
- Acer Aspire 11 Mini Laptop – ₦97,000 – ₦105,000
- Acer Aspire V5-123 11.6” Mini Laptop – ₦68,000 – ₦75,000
- Lenovo Ideapad S210 11.6” Mini Laptop – ₦60,000 To – ₦65,000
- Asus X200ma-Kx224d Ultraportable Mini Laptop – ₦75,000 To – ₦78,000
- Acer Packard 10.1 Inch Mini Laptop – ₦65,000- ₦73,000
- Dell Laptops Specs & Prices in Nigeria
- Prices of Samsung Laptops in Nigeria
- Prices of HP Core i5 & HP Core i7 Laptops in Nigeria
- Lenovo Laptops Specs & Prices in Nigeria (Plus Specs)
- Current Prices of Acer Laptops in Nigeria
- Cost of Apple MacBook Pro Laptops in Nigeria
Why Buy Mini Laptops in Nigeria?
With the seemingly endless assortment of laptops in different colours, sizes and configurations, it is easy to get totally confused about what choice to make. These are some points to help you make an informed decision if you’re considering buying a mini laptop but aren’t entirely sure of its long term outlook.
Balancing power and friendly budget
There’s a general feeling that mini laptops aren’t powerful enough. Disc drives, ports and some important components are usually sacrificed for portability and lighter weight. While this is partly true, most mini laptops come packed with just about enough features to get you through most average computing tasks.
Thanks to less number of components, battery life is always a major priority for most mini laptop brands. They sacrifice non-essential features, cutting down on production expenses and ultimately the overall cost per unit of the product. In other words, average PC users who wouldn’t mind using a smaller screen size will find a mini laptop within their budget.
Portability and lighter weight
If you rarely leave your home with your laptop, settling for a 15 inches display may not be much of a problem. But larger screen sometimes means more weight. Some large screen laptops infamously clock 5kg to 10kg on the weight scale. Now, that’s not something you want to take in your backpack on a daily basis. Heavy laptops are best relegated to “always-at-home-machines” due to their weight.
Friendly data security
We all want to store truckloads of information on our laptops. There’s always a great risk to the information we store on our computers. Mini laptops do not offer any less security that your regular size laptops would. On the contrary, it’s smaller size storage space means users are encouraged to store their information on the cloud.
Mini-laptops are built for mobility. This means durability is unarguably a keyword. Modern mini laptops are designed with extra hardware protection to boost ruggedness. They are pretty tough and can survive some nasty fall on an unforgiving solid surface. ASUS Mini Laptops, for instance, are retrofitted with shock absorbing rubber enforced-edges, which ensure it can survive a fall of about 3 feet. This means you’ll probably save yourself a moment of silence after your laptop slips out of your hands in a wet slippery environment.
Better Battery Life
No matter how long the list of specs a laptop can boast of, it’s at the threshold of being useless if it can’t hold a charge. Fortunately, mini laptops have a stellar reputation for retaining electric juice for a longer period.
While your average laptop clocks an average of 6 hours, a mini laptop averages at about 9 hours. Even at an impressive average of 9 hours, some new generation mini laptops gloriously clock an average of 12 hours.
Just so you get the scale; the Lenovo ThinkPad T480 clocks about 17 “jaw-dropping” hours of battery life even with brightness at 150 nits, Wi-Fi turn on and continuous web surfing. To put simply, nothing short of epic performance.
Compare Laptop Prices in Nigeria
- Laptop Prices in Nigeria
- HP Laptops Price List in Nigeria
- Price of UK Used Laptops in Computer Village
- Current Price of Apple Laptops in Nigeria
- Toshiba Laptops Price List in Nigeria
- Dell Laptops Prices in Nigeria (Plus Specs)
- Samsung Laptops Price List in Nigeria
- HP Core i5 & HP Core i7 Laptop Price in Nigeria
- Lenovo Laptops Price List in Nigeria (Plus Specs)
- Acer Laptops Prices in Nigeria
- Apple MacBook Pro Laptops Prices in Nigeria