If you have a place of your own or just a room to stay, chances are you’ve either considered buying a refrigerator or are currently considering the idea.
Also, you’d almost certainly need to own a refrigerator if chill drinks or freeze-dried food is your thing.
However, with different brands offering different prices, it’s probably pretty confusing to figure out a durable and budget-friendly refrigerator to go for.
If you need price ranges to kick-start your budget, or simply want to compare brand prices, I’ve put together some popular refrigerator brands in Nigeria and their prices for your reading pleasure.
Refrigerator Brands in Nigeria
There are so many brands available on the market. Some of them include;
- Haier Thermocool
Budgeting for a Refrigerator in Nigeria
Before you start shopping for anything at all, it’s pretty simple knowledge to prepare a friendly budget. Rather than a fixed amount, try working with a wide but comfortable price range since there are different reasons the prices you had in mind can change.
If you are on a low budget, you might want to avoid some Samsung and LG refrigerators. They are a little too expensive for even mid-sized models. Instead, you might want to consider brands like Freezeclime and Nexus for small or mid-sized models. However, it’s important to emphasize that LG and Samsung brands are relatively superior in quality than most brands. It’s important to factor in quality, durability and efficiency when calculating your cost in the long term.
It’s important to first rank the features in order of necessity if you’d be going for an ultra modern refrigerator model with cool new features. Before you go shopping, review those rankings, having in mind that every additional cool feature comes with an additional “not-so-cool” price.
Do you own a business? Do you want to own a business?
Hot New Exclusive Training By A Professional Videographer Reveals 7 Amazing Secrets of Creating Stunning Product Videos That Can Make Huge Profits for Any Business in Nigeria...Using Just Your Smartphone!YES, I WANT ACCESS TO THE EXCLUSIVE TRAINING FOR FREE
Additionally, while brick and mortar stores make it easier to inspect your goods first hand, buying from the internet makes a lot of other things so much simpler. When buying from the internet, you’ll get the chance to get familiar with the market, explore multiple brands and features, figure out exactly what you want and most importantly, spot a good deal.
Prices of Haier Thermocool Refrigerators in Nigeria
- HaierThermocool 140 Litres Single Door Fridge – ₦60,000 to ₦80,000
- HaierThermocool 60 Litres Single Door Fridge – ₦35,000 to ₦40,000
- HaierThermocool – 160 AXE – Double Door Fridge – ₦100,000 to ₦110,000
- HaierThermocool – 180 AXE – Double Door Fridge – ₦110,000 to ₦125,000
- HaierThermocool – 250 ALUX – Double Door Fridge – ₦160,000 to ₦180,000
- HaierThermocool Fridge (229 GF) – ₦120,000 to ₦130,000
- HaierThermocool Fridge with Dispenser (HRF 229 LUX) – ₦400,000 to ₦470,000
- HaierThermocool Frost Free Fridge R600 – ₦400,000 to ₦450,000
- HaierThermocool Single Door Fridge (107 SLV) – ₦42,000 to ₦52,000
- HaierThermocool Single Door Fridge (HR 195) – ₦100,000 to ₦120,000
- HaierThermocool Single Door Fridge (medium) – ₦80,000 to ₦92,000
Prices of Hisense Refrigerators in Nigeria
- Hisense 215 Litres Refrigerator – ₦88,000 to ₦103,000
- Hisense 260 Litres Refrigerator – ₦90,000 to ₦122,000
- Hisense 302 Litres Refrigerator – ₦100,000 to ₦122,000
- Hisense 490 Litres Double Door Refrigerator – ₦180,000 to ₦211,500
- Hisense 212 Litres Refrigerator – ₦80,000 to ₦90,000
- Hisense 176 Litres Refrigerator – ₦75,500 to ₦90,000
- Hisense 77 Litres 2.7 CU. FT Refrigerator – ₦40,000 to ₦45,500
- Hisense 91 Litres 3.2 CU. FT Refrigerator – ₦60,000 to ₦70,000
- Hisense 100 Litres Single Door Refrigerator – ₦40,000 to ₦70,000
- Hisense 48 Litres Refrigerator – ₦30,000 to ₦40,000
Prices of Polystar Refrigerators in Nigeria
- Polystar 302 Litres Double Door Refrigerator – ₦100,000 to ₦125,500
- Polystar 202 Litres Double Door Refrigerator – ₦50,000 to ₦80,000
- Polystar 80 Litres Double Door Refrigerator – ₦45,500 to ₦60,000
- Polystar Commercial showcase fridge – ₦160,000 to ₦180,000
Prices of LG Refrigerator in Nigeria
- LG 687 Litres Refrigerator – ₦350,000 to ₦400,000
- LG 407 Litres Crystal frost – ₦230,000 to ₦270,000
- LG 199 Litres Refrigerator – ₦103,000 to ₦115,500
- LG 190 Litres Single Door Refrigerator – ₦122,000 to ₦180,000
- LG 130 Litres Refrigerator – ₦50,000 to ₦63,000
- LG 108 Litres Refrigerator – ₦111,500 to ₦130,000
- LG Refrigerator GC 269 VL – ₦130,000 to ₦160,000
- LG Bedside Single Door Fridge – ₦40,000 to ₦48,000
Prices of Nexus Refrigerator in Nigeria
- Nexus Commercial Display Freezer 300 Litres- ₦160,000 to ₦180,000
- Nexus 501 Litres Refrigerator – ₦290,000 to ₦330,000
- Nexus 350 Litres Refrigerator – ₦140,000 to ₦165,500
- Nexus 320 Litres Refrigerator – ₦130,000 to ₦150,000
- Nexus 320 Litres Refrigerator (Retrofitted with Water Dispenser) – ₦150,000 to ₦200,000
- Nexus 175 Litres Refrigerator – ₦80,000 to ₦85,500
- Nexus 145 Litres Refrigerator – ₦55,500 to ₦70,000
- Nexus 125 Litres Refrigerator – ₦50,000 to ₦65,500
- Nexus 65 Litres Refrigerator – ₦30,000 to ₦37,000
Prices of Beko Refrigerator in Nigeria
- Beko 100 Litres Refrigerator – ₦45,500 to ₦50,000
- Beko 190 Litres Refrigerator – ₦111,500 to ₦122,000
- Beko 200 Litres Refrigerator – ₦130,000 to ₦150,000
- Beko 256 Litres Refrigerator – ₦111,500 to ₦122,000
- Beko 270 Litres Refrigerator – ₦150,000 to ₦170,000
- Beko 390 Litres Refrigerator – ₦200,000 to ₦222,000
- Beko 470 Litres Refrigerator – ₦230,000 to ₦270,000
- Beko 500 Litres Refrigerator – ₦238,000 to ₦274,000
- Beko 680 Litres Refrigerator – ₦330,000 to ₦380,000
Prices of Freezeclime Refrigerators in Nigeria
- Freezeclime 410 Litres Refrigerator – ₦130,000 to ₦150,000
- Freezeclime 390 Litres Refrigerator – ₦90,000 to ₦111,500
- Freezeclime 380 Litres Refrigerator – ₦90,000 to ₦94,000
- Freezeclime 212 Litres Refrigerator – ₦85,500 to ₦90,000
- Freezeclime 158 Litres Refrigerator – ₦65,500 to ₦79,000
- Freezeclime 150 Litres Refrigerator – ₦65,500 to ₦75,500
- Freezeclime 138 Litres Refrigerator – ₦40,000 to ₦53,000
- Freezeclime 128 Litres Refrigerator – ₦35,500 to ₦40,000
- Freezeclime 98 Litres Refrigerator – ₦30,000 to ₦33,000
Prices of Samsung Refrigerators in Nigeria
- Samsung 571 litres Refrigerator (Twin Cooling) – ₦900,000 to ₦980,000
- Samsung 280 Litres Refrigerator: ₦211,500 to ₦230,000
- Samsung 260 Litres Refrigerator: ₦200,000 to ₦211,500
- Samsung 210 Litres Refrigerator: ₦122,000 to ₦135,500
- Samsung 200 Litres Refrigerator: ₦122,000 to ₦140,000
Buying the Right Refrigerators
If you think it’s time to replace your ageing refrigerator or you are preparing to make your first buy, you’re definitely in for a few surprises. You might think that buying a refrigerator is as easy as choosing a fridge that looks cool and can hold chill drinks, but it’s a little bit more complicated than that. When buying a refrigerator, every little detail matters. Your budget, kitchen space, marital status, number of kids … you’d literally be caught off guard if you aren’t planning for those little boring details.
Read through these buying tips before you shell out cash on that shiny new refrigerator.
1. Know Your Preferences
Yes, it may seem a little dumb to reiterate that you should know what you are looking for, but all refrigerators – even of the same brand – are not particularly the same in configuration.
Budget aside, configuration matters to a great extent. You’ll probably need to figure out whether you’ll be more comfortable with French door, side-by-side, top freezer or bottom freezer refrigerators. There are certainly hundreds of other possible configuration but those are the four basic once to have in mind.
Just in case you have no clue about the French door and side-by-side thingy, here’s a little explanation;
French door refrigerators are those with two doors that open outwards. Usually, the freezers are placed at the bottom of the fridge in this configuration. Similarly, in the side-by-side configuration, the two doors open outwards but the freezer and fridge are placed side by side. In the top freezer configuration, the freezer sits on top; the fridge sits below while the freezer sits below with the fridge on top in bottom freezer configuration.
Aside configurations, you’ll also need to figure out some preferences in features and finishing; refrigerators come in different colours, shapes, and sizes. While every good refrigerator should get your item frozen overtime – configuration, shapes and sizes will ultimately affect the price you’ll pay to get a unit. Almost every modern refrigerator comes with a long list of perky features. Although all of them may be very tempting, some of them will end up being utterly worthless to you.
To get a good refrigerator at more budget-friendly prices, it’s best to quickly know what features and sizes are necessary and what configurations will suit your needs. Paying extra for features you won’t necessarily need isn’t a very smart decision.
2. Available Space
You might need to fit in your refrigerator in a tight tiny spot in your room or get rid of extra items in your kitchen to accommodate it.
Regardless, you’ll need to deduce whether you have space for a bigger refrigerator or a smaller compact model. It gets a little tricky if you are buying online. You’ll have to pay attention to the described dimension on the site you are buying from.
Make measurements of the height and width of the spot you’ll be keeping the fridge and check to see if there’s enough room for the fridge and some extra space for the opening of doors.
You’ll also probably need to take measurements of the walkway you’ll be using and especially the door of the kitchen or room you’ll be keeping it. Imagine the horror of shelling out thousands of naira on a jumbo size refrigerator that can’t even get past the front door.
3. Right Brand
The average life span of a good refrigerator is between 10 to 12 years. This means if you have a refrigerator already, chances are the last time you bought one may be ages ago. While your grannies may have previously owned the good old HaierThermocool, you’ll be doing yourself a huge disservice by not at least considering newer brands with a good reputation.
By getting used to the new brands, you’ll gain valuable insight on which brands offer the best value for the money. A brand like LG, for instance, is probably the best option if you are shopping for a bottom-freezer refrigerator.
4. Longer Freezing Period
No, not the time it takes to freeze food, but how long the food stays frozen after a power outage. There’s nothing as horrible as defrosted food. It just never ends happily when it is not time to consume it.
With the terrible power situation in the country, you’ll probably want to figure out which product preserves food a bit longer after a power outage.
Believe me, I’ve been there. You’ll need all the time you can get. Some brands are made with an interior that stay frozen longer and keep bacteria and moulds away.
Are married? Single? Do you have a family? How large? How frequently do you get visitors and in what number? How frequently do you pull things from the fridge?
Taking into account these boring miscellaneous details will ensure you don’t shortly hit the market for a new refrigerator.
If you have a huge family, you’d be struggling with an over-stuffed refrigerator if you decide to purchase a smaller unit. Bigger families will easily find peace with larger models with three compartments plus an additional bottom freezer for more storage space. Single buyers may also want to try out the economic top-freezer models with a smaller space at a better price.
You almost certainly wouldn’t be shopping for a new refrigerator very often, so it’s better to do it right when you choose to do it.
There was a time when a refrigerator was all about one huge box that keeps things cool. And then technology came knocking. Now, you’ll be surprised at what refrigerators can do. From useful in-built water filters to AI systems that talk back at you (and stream football matches), there’s nothing more inventive in the kitchen since sliced bread machine.
However, to save money, stay away from refrigerators that are heavily priced because of a few “tempting features”. Yes, it’s true some of those features offer enhanced functions and better efficiency – but a bulk of them are mere cosmetic jobs designed to suck your cash. But hey, if you have a few bucks to spare, you can go all out and get the best on the market.