Whether you are a professional fashion designer, an amateur or an absolute beginner – if you’re planning to stitch pieces of fabrics together, you’d need a sewing machine.
Nigeria’s fashion scene is big. Our homegrown fashion craze keeps rejuvenating with each passing day.
From tighter fitting pants (trousers), ragged shorts, puffy tops to simpler looking gowns, the hands of trending fashion keeps swinging relentlessly like a suspended pendulum bulb.
Just as more Nigerians become fashion aware, the market for fabric fashion is also rapidly on the rise. Perhaps, the single most important tool in fashion design remains the sewing machine.
After getting ideas sketched out on paper, measurements taken, the next line of action involves using sewing machines to transform fabrics to picturesque fashion items.
If you’re reading this now, there’s a great chance you are either budgeting or shopping for your next sewing machine. Whether you’ve been out of the sewing game for a while or you’re an active role player in the industry, getting the best sewing machine at the best price is of paramount importance.
I’ve put together this helpful list to help you make informed choices on which model will offer you a balance of premium functionality and friendly prices.
Prices of Butterfly Sewing Machine in Nigeria
- Butterfly Electric Sewing Machine – ₦52,000 to ₦55,000
- Butterfly Portable Sewing Machine JH8190S – ₦35,000 to ₦38,000
- Butterfly Electric Sewing Machine JH 8290 – ₦47,500 to ₦50,000
- Butterfly JA2-1 Foldable Manual Sewing Machine – ₦43,000 to ₦47,000
- Butterfly JH8290 Manual Sewing Machine – ₦40,000 to ₦43,000
- Butterfly Zig Zag Sewing Machine – ₦39,600 to ₦42,000
Prices of LUOVA Sewing Machine in Nigeria
- LUOVA SC1618 Portable Electric Sewing Machine – ₦47,000 to ₦50,000
- Luova SC1610 Sewing Machine – ₦63,000 to ₦66,000
- Luova SC1614 Sewing Machine – ₦68,000 to ₦75,000
Prices of Brother Sewing Machine in Nigeria
- Brother LX2500 Heavy Duty 17-Stitch Free-Arm Sewing Machine – ₦90,000 to ₦95,000
- Brother Innov-is NV180e Sewing & Embroidery Machine
- ₦ 280,000 to ₦288,000
- Brother Light Weight JV1400 Electric Sewing Machine – ₦ 65,000 to ₦70,000
- Brother GS 3700 Portable Free Arm Sewing Machine – ₦84,000 to ₦88,000
- Brother 3/4 Thread Overlocker Machine – ₦ 120,000
- Brother FS155 Computerized Sewing Machine – ₦140,000 to ₦152,000
- Brother Computerise Zig Zag Machine – ₦130,000 to ₦140,000
Prices of Two Lion Sewing Machines in Nigeria
- Two Lion Sewing Machine – (Automatic) – ₦44,000 to ₦49,000
- Two Lion Sewing Machine – (Manual) – ₦37,500 to ₦39,000
- Two Lion Automatic and Manual Sewing Machine – ₦60,500 to ₦65,000
- Two Lion Overlocking Sewing Machine – ₦23,000 to ₦25,000
- Two Lion Industrial Straight Sewing Machine – ₦95,000 to ₦105,000
- Two Lion 757 5-thread Industrial Overlock Sewing Machine with Automatic Lubrication – ₦125,000 to ₦132,000
Prices of Emel Sewing Machines in Nigeria
- Emel 5-thread Industrial Overlock Sewing Machine 757 with Automatic Lubrication – ₦130,000 to ₦135,000
- Emel Straight Sewing Machine – ₦100,000 to ₦108,000
- Emel Taping Sewing Machine – ₦180,000 to ₦186,000
- Emel Industrial Overlocking Sewing Machine/Weaving Machine – ₦119,000 to ₦123,000
- Emel Portable Bag Closer Sewing Machine – ₦35,000 to ₦38,000
Prices of Singer Sewing Machines in Nigeria
- Singer 7640 Confidence Computerized 200-Stitch Sewing Machine – ₦160,000 to ₦ 200,000
- Singer EM200 Superb Embroidery Machine – ₦350,000 to ₦400,000
Prices of Sumo Sewing Machine in Nigeria
- Sumo Overlock (Regular) Sewing Machine – ₦26,000 to ₦29,000
- Sumo Overlock (Industrial) Sewing Machine – ₦120,000 to ₦125,000
Prices of Janome Sewing Machine in Nigeria
- Janome 11706 3/4 Size Hello Kitty Sewing Machine – ₦79,000 to ₦84,000
- Janome 2212 Sewing Machine – ₦68,000 to ₦75,000
- Janome Magnolia 7318 Sewing Machine – ₦108,000 to ₦120,000
- Janome 8002D Serger – ₦110,000 to ₦120,000
- Janome 8077 Computerized Sewing Machine – ₦230,000 to ₦255,000
- Janome HD1000 Heavy-Duty Sewing Machine – ₦110,000 to ₦120,000
- Janome Memory Craft 6500P Computerized Sewing Machine – ₦470,000 to ₦482,000
- Janome DC1050 Computerized Sewing Machine – ₦125,000 to ₦135,000
- Janome Jem Gold 660 12-Stitch Compact Quilting Machine – ₦90,000 to ₦96,000
- Janome Memory Craft 370E Industrial Electric Sewing Machine – ₦350,000 to ₦380,000
- Janome 7034D (4 thread) Portable Overlock Sewing Machine – ₦145,000 to ₦152,000
Other Sewing Machine Prices in Nigeria
- Buddyfly Sewing Machine – ₦52,000 to ₦57,000
- Cleo Universal Mini Sewing Machine – ( Electric/Battery ) – ₦12,000 to ₦13,500
- Spring Come Mini Handheld Sewing Machine – ₦2,200 to ₦3,000
- Generic Desktop Mini Electric Sewing Machine – ₦8,000 to ₦9,000
- Allwin Mini Portable Cordless Hand-Held Sewing Machine – ₦ 2,000 to ₦3,000
- Handy Stitch Hand-Held Sewing Machine – ₦2,500 to ₦3,500
- Excelvan Sewing machine – ₦25,000 to ₦28,000
What to Consider Before You Buy Sewing Machine in Nigeria
If you’ve been practising for a while, you’re probably already acquainted with the fact that sewing machines come in different variations and brands.
When deciding on which one to get, it’s important to note that just like everything in the fashion world, the tiniest of detail matters. Before obtaining one, you need to figure out exactly what you’ll be doing with it, how frequent you’ll be doing it and at what scale.
If you’re just starting out, it’s advisable to go for beginner-friendly sewing machines. Janome brands are, in most cases, an excellent choice. They are relatively easy to use when compared to other brands of the same category. Going for fancy sewing machines that require a book full of instructions to operate may not be an entirely smart move.
It’s advisable to stick to the good old butterfly Brand if you’re worried about durability. The butterfly Brand has established itself as an industry leader with a proven track record in terms of durability – especially in Nigeria.
However, you’d be missing out on a lot of other good machines with equally cool features if you get so paranoid about trying out newer brands. Most new brands like Janome – though a little pricey – come packed with lots of useful features and even better functionalities.
A sewing machine is something you don’t necessarily have to replace quite frequently. So, it’s better to buy right if you’re buying one.