Nigeria is one of the fastest-growing entrepreneurial locations in the world with almost every individual in the country setting up their own business model to make ends meet.
One of these business models is the shoemaking business, which is quite a popular trade among the Igbo people of Nigeria.
The shoe market is one of the largest markets in Nigeria as the demand for affordable and durable shoes is unending.
Over the years, we have also seen a rise in the quality and repute of locally made shoes which is good news to shoemakers all over the country.
Due to the continuous patronage of locally made shoes, many men and women continuously move into the shoemaking business. However, it takes more than just passion to make it. You’ll need the right tools, materials, and a business plan handy to stand in the shoe market.
The most important equipment to own for a shoemaker is the shoe sewing machine. And when looking to purchase one, quality, durability, and reliability come first before considering any other thing.
The quality and durability of your shoe sewing machine will determine how well your shoes will perform and how good they will look in the eyes of the customer.
In this article, I’ll be reviewing shoemaking machines and their prices in Nigeria.
Where to Buy Shoe Sewing Machines in Nigeria
Today, we have various online shopping sites that sell almost every product available in the country. Popular online shopping sites like Jumia, Konga, Alibaba, and so on are the top choices for those seeking to buy one product or the other and they should be the only options you consider as they are trusted, reputable, and reliable.
These online shopping sites only sell brand new shoe sewing machines, which would be a little bit expensive depending on your budget. If you’re looking for where to get used shoe sewing machines in Nigeria, then you would have to opt for sites like Jiji that deal mainly with used products.
When buying from online shopping sites, it is important to always take note of the warranty and return policy before finalizing the purchase.
Also, when buying a used shoe sewing machine, ensure you test-run it at the seller’s location before finalizing the purchase as a used one doesn’t come with a warranty or return policy.
You can also buy shoe sewing machines from the suppliers and dealers, but it wouldn’t be easy finding a reputable dealer in the country. You would have to go to the shoe market and meet with a seasoned shoemaker to point you in the right direction.
It is important to take with you someone who is conversant with the shoemaking business to check the machine and ensure it’s in good working condition before finalizing the purchase.
You may also endeavour to learn some terminologies or perform extensive research into the show making business and shoe sewing machines before deciding to purchase one to ensure you do not lose out in the end.
Prices of Shoe Sewing Machines in Nigeria
- Skiving Leather / Rubber Shoe Sewing Machine — N197,000 – N200,000
- Protex Leather Shoe Sewing Machine — N170,000 – N180,000
- Cylinder Arm Leather Shoe Sewing Machine — N2400,000 – N250,000
- SR-810 Professional Single Needle Post Bed Heavy Leather Lockstitch Shoe Patch/Sewing Machine — N100,000 – N120,000
- Ultrasonic Shoe Sewing Machine — N150,000 – N250,000
- SR-9910 Factory Price Single Needle Flat Bed Industrial Sewing Machine for Shoe Leather — N150,000 – N180,000
- Keestar One/Two Needle Industrial Leather Shoes Sewing Machine 28BL-30 Flat Bed (Set) — N250,000 – N400,000
- DOIT Shoe Ultrasonic Sewing Machines (Set) — N100,000 – N200,000
- WD-8700 Typical Type High-Speed Industrial Single Needle Lockstitch Shoe Sewing Machine by WORLDEN — N20,000 – N50,000 (Set)
- TOPEAGLE Single Chain Heavy Duty Shoe Sewing Machine — N450,000 – N750,000
- Industrial Thick Material Shoe Sewing Machine — N80,000 – N100,000
- Soles Shoe Sewing Machine — N350,000 – N500,000
- Zhejiang Longtai LT-5550/8500/8700 Lockstitch Shoe Sewing Machine — N75,000 –N80,000
- Industrial Weaving Machine Price in Nigeria
- Manual Sewing Machine Price in Nigeria
- Palm Oil Processing Machine Price in Nigeria
- Submersible Pumping Machine Price in Nigeria
- Sewing Machine Prices in Nigeria
- Prices of Electric Sewing Machines in Nigeria
Things to Consider When Buying a Shoe Sewing Machine in Nigeria
The sewing machine is the top equipment in the shoemaking business; choosing the right one is very important and will determine the quality of the shoe you make.
There are several things to consider when picking a shoemaking machine. Here are a few of them.
Shoe Sewing Machine Needle
The type of needle you go for is very important as different needles have different functions and applications. As you should know, you can’t use the same kind of needle to sew leather and cotton shoes due to the difference in the materials.
When buying a shoe sewing machine, you should go for one with a cutting point needle or wedge point needle as this is more durable than other kinds of needles and will definitely withstand moving through leather during sewing.
By operating system, I mean if the shoe sewing machine is either operated manually or requires a connection to a power source before it can perform. While electric shoe sewing machines tend to get the job done faster and make things quite easier, you would have to consider power costs and the erratic power supply system in Nigeria before making your choice.
Shoe sewing machines are quite expensive but that doesn’t necessarily mean that the most expensive ones are more durable and will perform faster and better than the cheaper ones. It is always important to stick to your budget as purchasing the machine is not the only expense you will incur when you venture into the shoemaking business.
I highly recommend you first take an apprenticeship under a reputable shoemaker or at least undergo a shoemaking teaching program before venturing into the business to keep you abreast of the latest skills, tools, and information you would need to succeed in the shoemaking industry.
Check Out Other Machines in Nigeria
- Cost of Sealing Machines in Nigeria
- Prices of Photocopy Machines in Nigeria
- Costs of Butterfly Sewing Machine in Nigeria
- Price List of Popcorn Making Machine Nigeria
- Cost of Pure Water Making Machine in Nigeria
- POS Machine Costs and Dealers in Nigeria
- Cost of Industrial Weaving Machines in Nigeria
- Prices of Manual Sewing Machines in Nigeria
- Prices of Palm Oil Processing Machines in Nigeria
- Cost of Submersible Pumping Machines in Nigeria
- Cost of Sewing Machines in Nigeria
- Electric Sewing Machines Prices in Nigeria
- Prices of Groundnut Oil Extraction Machines Nigeria
- Prices of Industrial Sewing Machines in Nigeria