When it comes to travelling by air, things can be a little daunting.
From preparing a rather long list of travel documents to showing up to check-in your luggage, air travel isn’t really the simplest way to travel.
Canada is unarguably a choice tourist and investment destination.
If you are planning a family vacation, business trip or social event in Canada, I’ve put together prices of flight tickets from Nigeria to Canada and some other tips you might find handy.
Canada Visa Requirements
Whether it’s your first time travelling to Canada or not, you’ll definitely need to present a valid visa before being allowed to enter the country. To acquire a Canadian visa, you’ll need to provide the following documents:
- A completed Visitor Visa and family information forms
- A Nigerian passport valid for at least six months beyond your planned date of return with at least two blank pages for visa stamps
- Two passport-sized photographs
- Proof of application processing and biometric fee
- Proof of sufficient funds for the entire duration of your visit ( e.g three months bank statements).
- If someone else or any institution will be sponsoring your trip, you will need a letter from the person or institution and any relevant additional documents (e.g a copy of your sponsor’s passport and a bank statement proving they have sufficient funds)
- Proof of ties to Nigeria
- Copy of your itinerary (plus return ticket)
- Proof of good health
- Previous passports showing travel history if any
- A self-addressed return courier envelope
Persons under the age of 18 travelling alone will need a letter of authorisation signed by both parents or legal guardians. Those travelling with one parent will also need to present a letter of authorisation from the non-accompanying parent or legal guardian.
You’d be required to provide an invitation letter from relatives if you are travelling to visit a relative in Canada. You’d also need to provide an invitation letter from a business organization in Canada if your purpose of travel is for business
Prices of Flight Ticket from Nigeria to Canada
Air France from Nigeria to Canada
Economy –₦500,000 to ₦880,000
Business Class –₦1,800,000 to ₦2,000,000
Egypt Air from Nigeria to Canada
Economy –₦500,000 to ₦680,000
Business Class –₦800,000 to ₦1,200,000
Ethiopian Air from Nigeria to Canada
Economy –₦590,000 to ₦800,000
BusinessClass –₦1,600,000 to ₦2,000,000
United Airlines from Nigeria to Canada
Economy –₦550,000 to ₦900,000
Lufthansa Airways from Nigeria to Canada
Economy –₦800,000 to ₦980,000
Business Class –₦1,600,000 to ₦2,100,000
Delta Airlines from Nigeria to Canada
Economy –₦480,000 to ₦550,000
British Airways from Nigeria to Canada
Economy –₦550,000 to ₦800,000
Business Class –₦1,700,000 to ₦2,200,000
Turkish Airlines from Nigeria to Canada
Economy –₦700,000 to ₦1,000,000
KLM Royal Dutch from Nigeria to Canada
Economy –₦500,000 to ₦900,000
Business Class– ₦1,800,000 to ₦2,400,000
- Nigeria Flight Booking Price
- Price of Arik Flight from Benin to Lagos
- Cost of Flight from Nigeria to Malaysia
- Price of Flight from Lagos to Ghana
- Cost of Flight from Nigeria to South Africa
- Cost of Flight Ticket from Nigeria to the USA
Choosing the Right Airline from Nigeria to Canada
It’s advisable to weigh available airline options carefully before booking your flight. Whether you have a blissful or crappy trip also depends on your airline.
For starters, you can check online for reviews of different airlines flying to your desired destinations.
Apart from being able to spot better deals, you’ll be able to figure out the different amenities provided by different airlines. Pay special attention to details like weight limits on a traveller’s baggage, meals offered onboard, friendliness of flight attendants and the ages of planes in the airline’s fleet. However, like the wise men always say, do not believe everything you read online.
Some of the reviews you may find are paid reviews. These reviews are made by people paid by different airlines to the hype or advertise their brand. It’s important to try to avoid these types of review as they may be misleading.
Instead, look for reviews by actual travellers on reputable travel sites. Reviews by actual travellers are first-hand experiences and are closer to what you may actually obtain when flying with the airline.
While some airlines have check-in baggage limits of around 25kg per passenger, others have smaller weight limits. This means you may have to pay extra if you need to travel with items that are more than the airline’s weight restrictions for each passenger.
Similarly, while some airlines allow heavier cabin luggage, others have stricter rules that allow plus-sized baggage below 7kg only. That said, you need to compare baggage weight limits for different airlines before booking your flight.
If you get easily bored even on short distance flights, things can get even more boring on long haul flights. The key to killing boredom is good in-flight entertainment. Before booking your flight, do well to confirm whether or not your airline and, particularly, flight offers in-flight entertainment. Do well to check what type of entertainment is offered. Some airlines provide details of movies or TV shows that will be shown while onboard. Different airlines offer different forms of in-flight entertainment; checking them out preflight isn’t really a bad idea.
You might also want to compare seats before booking your flight with any airline. Different airlines offering same flight prices may have different seat configurations offering different degrees of comfort. While you can make do with a small leg room on a short distance domestic flight, you’ll definitely appreciate more leg room on long haul international flights like when flying to Canada.
Sleeping while flying can sometimes be unavoidable even though it’s advisable that passengers rest well before boarding their flight. If you’ve flown before and sleep onboard most of the time, you might want to seek out an airline that offers comfortable sitting arrangement, especially, one that favours sleeping. You should be able to get seats that metamorphose completely to a bed when you want to take a nap, depending on your airline and the travel class.
Don’t let safety concerns scare you away from flying with low-cost airlines. Patronizing a low-cost airline is a good way to save money if you are working with a low budget. Most low-cost airlines have comparable safety policies to those of the more established legacy airlines.
However, with low-cost airlines, you might have to forfeit some juicy perks you get when flying premium airlines. You might have to make do with less yummy meals, lower weight limits on baggage or less leg space onboard. Ultimately, the key to choosing an airline to travel with is a careful review and selection process.
Check Out Other Flight Bookings in Nigeria
- Cost of Flight Ticket from Uyo to Lagos
- Arik Flight from Port Harcourt to Lagos Price
- Flight Ticket Price from Lagos to Owerri
- Cost of Flight from Nigeria to Saudi Arabia
- Cost of Flight from Nigeria to Dubai
- Flight Ticket Price from Nigeria to Kuwait
- Cost of Flight from Nigeria to India
- Flight Booking Price in Nigeria
- Arik Air Flight Price from Benin to Lagos
- Flight from Nigeria to Malaysia Price
- Lagos to Ghana Flight Price
- Nigeria to South Africa Flight Price
- Price of Flight from Nigeria to the United States of America
- Cost of Flight from Lagos to Abuja
- Price of Flight from Nigeria to Australia
- Abuja to Lagos Flight Price